foreword
I was told that writing out my experiences and fears could be therapeutic. I whole-heartedly believe in therapy. People should use whatever means necessary to help them heal, thrive, and survive. In the same breath, I roll my eyes at the idea that anything I have to say can benefit another person. It seems self-righteous.
When I came to the decision to pursue the path that lies ahead, I couldn’t find the resources that I sought out. I wish that I had known a lot of the information that I will share in the coming days. I’m far from done with the process that I’m going through, but already know there are things I should share with anyone else considering the procedures I’ve done. Information will develop in the coming weeks and months. I’m not great at keeping up with things like journaling or diaries, so with that in mind, I am going to try this.
I’ve had a lot of sleepless nights lately and though most of the cause is purely the inability to get comfortable in any way, my Doctor believes that if I write out the thoughts that keep my mind spinning, I’ll find some sort of peace when I try to rest.
If you choose to read this, I hope it helps you in whatever way you need.