advice
I started wearing my compression garment thing yesterday. Not only does it zip up both sides, it has hook and eye closures all the way up and down the sides and costs around $100. At first, it was a struggle to put the stupid thing on. My right side is considerably sorer than my left, so pulling the zipper on my that side was painful.
I was uncomfortable all day and the way that the garment secured, actually caused my incision to become irritated and (sorry this is gross) ooze a bit. I was trying to sleep and was in pain, so I texted my surgeon asking if I was supposed to sleep in the garment or not. Of course, I got no response. Out of frustration and pain, I got out of bed and ripped those motherfuckers off.
If you are reading this blog for advice, here is a major piece. Don't buy one of those things. Get yourself some compression/high-waisted leggings and you will be much more comfortable. I have some from Shapermint and had never worn them until today. Do this. It's much more comfortable and much easier to go about your day wearing these.
I also think that it's insanity that a garment designed to aid in surgical recovery is so overpriced.
This is the pair that I purchased. DON'T buy them.
I have these and highly suggest them for this specific use.
If it makes you miserable, there's a better alternative out there.
EDIT: I previously mentioned that my right side drain was bothering me. The doctors refused to remove it until this past Monday. My side is still very sore and (again gross) oozing a bit. I should have insisted that it be removed when I had my surgery on Thursday. I am very nervous that infection is the reason for pain. I should've been an advocate for myself. Sometimes, it's okay to be an asshole. I should've allowed my inner asshole to demand that the drain be removed as soon as it became painful. I (YOU) know my (YOUR) body better than anyone else.